Wednesday, October 09, 2024

Gators ITA Regional Championships Rescheduled Due to Hurricane Milton

With Hurricane Milton on the way, the Regional Championships have been rescheduled and moved.

<p>Gator tennis player Jeremy Jin keeps his eye on the ball against Ole Miss on Friday, March 22, 2024. </p>

Gator tennis player Jeremy Jin keeps his eye on the ball against Ole Miss on Friday, March 22, 2024.

The Intercollegiate Tennis Association Regional Championships, originally scheduled for Oct. 11-15, have been canceled and rescheduled due to Hurricane Milton.

The University of Florida men’s tennis team, who was  initially slated to compete in Lake Nona, Florida, will now travel to Athens, Georgia for the rescheduled event from Oct. 16-20.

The scheduling change gives the Gators five extra days to prepare for the event. The new tournament dates will back up to two upcoming events, including the Norman 25K Futures in Oklahoma, from Oct. 21-27, and the Bedford Cup, hosted by UF, from October 25-27.

Contact Carston Handy at chandy@alligator.org. Follow Carston on X @carston_handy.

Carston Handy

Carston Handy is a junior journalism major with a focus in sports and media. Fall 2024 marks his first semester reporting sports with the Alligator. In his free time he enjoys spending time with his fiancé and their dog. He also enjoys playing a bunch of sports, including pickleball, basketball and soccer.