Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Gainesville man arrested after alleged assault against man and girlfriend

The man was armed with a handgun

Gainesville resident Chrishaune Lee, 28, was arrested Tuesday for reportedly assaulting both an unknown man and a woman later identified as his girlfriend.

Lee has had nine previous felony convictions, including a count of possession of narcotics, a count of driving while license suspended and two counts of possession of weapon by convicted felon.

According to the arrest report, Lee began beating up the woman and dragging her by her hair back into an apartment at 914 SW Eighth Ave.

The other victim, who was male, reportedly attempted to stop Lee from harming the woman. When he tried to fight back, Lee allegedly pulled out a handgun and aimed it directly at the man, who then ran away in fear of getting shot.

The firearm had been previously concealed by Lee before the male victim intervened, according to the arrest report.

Lee said he remembered being in an argument with his girlfriend and said he tried to bring her back inside their apartment so “the neighborhood wouldn’t hear them argue,” according to the arrest report.

Lee said the male victim pushed him down the stairs and, upon getting up, Lee pulled “two black phones” out of his pocket. He said the male victim ran after Lee pulled them out.

In surveillance footage, Lee was shown pulling out a black handgun and pointing it at the male victim, according to the arrest report.

Lee was charged with aggravated assault and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon Tuesday.

Contact Julia Levi at jlevi@alligator.org. Follow her on X @julialevi55.

Julia Levi

Julia Levi is a first year business student and the Alligator’s Fall 2024 Metro General Assignment reporter. In her free time, she enjoys reading, baking, and listening to music.