Wednesday, September 25, 2024

UF will close Thursday ahead of hurricane

The university will reopen Friday morning

Graphic by Alex Brown
Graphic by Alex Brown

UF will close Thursday and reopen Friday due to Hurricane Helene, according to a UF news release. All academic and student-related activities, including online classes and exams, will be canceled on Thursday. 

UF’s dining halls, Gator Corner and The Eatery at Broward Hall, will remain open Thursday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., according to the Florida Fresh Dining website. The Graham and Rawlings markets will also be open Thursday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. 

UF Health hospitals and clinical practices are continuing normal operations, according to the press release. More information on UF Health closures can be found here.

The P.K. Yonge Developmental Research School and Baby Gator will also close Thursday, according to the press release. Students who live in residence halls on campus should plan to shelter in place. 

Contact Timothy Wang at twang@alligator.org. Follow him on X @timothyw_g

Timothy Wang

Timothy Wang is a junior journalism student and the Fall 2024 Santa Fe College Reporter. He was the University Administration reporter for Summer 2024. His hobbies include gaming or reading manga.