Saturday, September 14, 2024

Pro-Palestine protester arrested on charges of trespassing on UF property

She is currently being held at the Alachua County Jail.

<p>Around 60 protestors gather on the corner of University Avenue and 13th Street in support of Palestine on Thursday, Nov. 16, 2023. </p>

Around 60 protestors gather on the corner of University Avenue and 13th Street in support of Palestine on Thursday, Nov. 16, 2023.

This story has been updated. 

One of the nine pro-Palestinian protesters arrested on April 29, Charly Keanu Pringle, 21, was arrested Friday morning at 80 Newell Drive, according to court records. 

UF police spotted her at about 7:50 a.m. walking north on the Newell Extension Road toward West University Avenue and identified her as being trespassed from university properties, according to the arrest report.  

Police charged Pringle with trespassing after failing to leave the property on order by the owner, which is a first degree misdemeanor.

After Pringle was arrested during the pro-Palestinian protest April 29, she was trespassed from all UF properties until 2027. She was reissued a trespass warning Friday, according to the UFPD website.  

She is also a defendant in another case filed Aug. 21, in which she was charged with trespassing and petit theft, a first degree misdemeanor.  

WUFT News reported that Pringle lied about being suspended for three years from Santa Fe College following her arrest in April. 

Contact Timothy Wang at twang@alligator.org. Follow him on X @timothyw_g

Timothy Wang

Timothy Wang is a junior journalism student and the Fall 2024 Santa Fe College Reporter. He was the University Administration reporter for Summer 2024. His hobbies include gaming or reading manga.