Saturday, September 21, 2024

Gainesville teen arrested for sexual assault battery at local high school

Incident involved 14-year-old victim at GHS 9th grade center

An 18-year-old Gainesville High School student, Andre Steven Foster, was arrested Friday for accusations of sexual battery involving a 14-year-old girl at the GHS 9th Grade Center. 

The incident allegedly took place in the north stairwell of the center during school hours.

According to a report from the Gainesville Police Department, the girl stated Foster initiated sexual contact despite her repeatedly telling him "no." The girl said she had expressed her discomfort and unwillingness to engage in intercourse. 

During the incident, the girl told Foster to stop, but he allegedly continued until the encounter concluded.

The report states the two had previously engaged in sexual activity on Sept. 16, an encounter the girl also indicated was non-consensual. 

The defendant was identified through Alachua County Public School Skyward.

Contact Carlos Alemany at calemany@alligator.org. Follow him on X @clos_alemany

Carlos Alemany

Carlos Alemany is a fourth year political science student and the Alligator's 2024 Criminal Justice Reporter. In his free time, you you may catch him thrifting or sketching in Gainesville.