Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Florida vs. Texas A&M: Live Updates

Follow along here for live updates throughout the Gators matchup against Texas A&M.

Redshirt junior center Kingsley Eguakun hikes the ball to redshirt junior quarterback Graham Mertz in the Gators' 29-16 win against the Tennessee Volunteers on Saturday, Sept. 16, 2023.

The Florida Gators (1-1) are set to take on the Texas A&M Aggies (1-1) at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. Follow along here for live updates. Kickoff is set for approximately 3:45 p.m. ET.

FINAL: Texas A&M 33, Florida 20. The Aggies come into Gainesville and earn their second victory of the season, improving to (2-1) as UF falls to (1-2).

Q4: 0:29 - Timeout Texas A&M. The Aggies are running out the clock as Florida has zero timeouts remaining. Fourth-and-two for the Aggies as they convert a first down on the ground.

Q4: 2:55 - Lagway's pass intended for wideout Taylor Spierto near the right sideline was intercepted. Aggies take back control of the ball.

Q4: 3:24 - Bond came on to kick a 40-yard field goal but missed wide to the left. Lagway and the Gators take over at their own 23-yard line.

Q4: 3:29 - The Gators just burned their final timeout of the second half. Texas A&M will likely be sending out its field goal unit on 4th-and-3 from UF's 23-yard line.

Q4: 3:41 - Florida calls a timeout as time is winding down at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. Texas A&M maintains possession on 2nd-and-seven at its own 27-yard line.

Q4: 5:12 - Trey Smack attempted an onside kick but it was recovered by the Aggies. First-and-10 A&M at the UF 41-yard line.

SCORE: Q4: 5:13 - Graham Mertz brought the Gators down to the one-yard line before taking a huge hit while fumbling the ball out of bounds setting up a rushing touchdown by Ja'Kobi Jackson up the middle for a two-yard score. The Aggies lead 33-20.

Q4: 6:28 - Mertz complete pass to redshirt sophomore tight end Arlis Boardingham for a gain of 17 yards down the right sideline to the A&M 20-yard line.

Q4: 8:28 - Bond's 40-yard field goal attempt was no good wide to the left. Florida takes over on its own 22-yard line.

NOTE: An official injury timeout has been called on the field as UF defensive lineman Michai Boireau was slow to get up on the play but was able to come off the field on his own. Texas A&M is facing a 3rd-and-four at the Gators' 23-yard line.

NOTE: End of the third quarter. The Aggies lead 33-14 and are out-rushing the Gators 231-22.

SCORE: Q3: 1:04 - Lagway finds Dike in the back of the endzone on a ball that was thrown with impressive touch for a seven-yard touchdown pass cutting A&M's lead to 33-14.

Q3: 2:49 - Lagway's pass intended for sophomore wide receiver Aidan Mizell was incomplete near the right sideline. But the Gators went for it on fourth down and converted on a pass complete to Tony Livingston for an 11-yard gain to the A&M 12-yard line.

Q3: 4:50 - Florida wideout Tank Hankins was on the wrong end of a big hit but after review, the Aggies were penalized for targeting setting up 1st-and-10 A&M 37-yard line. Dalton Brooks has been disqualified from the game.

SCORE: Q3: 5:29 - Mertz's pass intended for Badger on 3rd-and-nine at A&M's 31-yard line was intercepted by Bryce Anderson and was taken back for a touchdown. The extra-point was good as A&M leads 33-7.

Q3: 7:21 - Dike calls for a fair catch at UF's 13-yard line as the Gators defense came away with a stop on 3rd-and-four at midfield.

NOTE: DJ Lagway made yet another appearance for the Gators just one drive after Mertz led UF down the field for its first score of the game. However, Florida went three-and-out.

SCORE: Q3: 11:12 - Marcell Reed just launched a 73-yard passing touchdown down the left sideline to wideout Cyrus Allen. A&M went for the two-point conversion but was stopped. The Aggies now lead 26-7.

Q3: 11:49: - Trey Smack's kick goes through the back of the endzone. Reed and the Aggies' offense will take back over at their own 25 yard line.

SCORE: Q3: 11:49 - Graham Mertz finds Elijhah badger in the left corner of the endzone for a 14-yard passing touchdown. Texas A&M leads 20-7.

Q3: 12:52 - Treyaun Webb carries the ball up the middle for a gain of eight yards but UF shot themselves in the foot with a false start penalty that moved the ball from the A&M five-yard line to the ten.

Q3: 13:36 - Mertz completes a pass to wide receiver Elijhah Badger for a 54-yard touchdown down the left sideline but it was called back for a holding penalty on senior running back Montrell Johnson Jr.

Q3: 15:00 - Florida receives the ball to start the second half as the kickoff rolls out of the back of the endzone. Graham Mertz and the Gators will start the drive at their own 25-yard line.

HALFTIME: Texas A&M 20, Florida 0

SCORE: Q2: 0:55 - Texas A&M just went the entire length of the field on a 15-play 99-yard scoring drive that put the Aggies ahead 20-0 after Marcell Reed punched it in from the UF one-yard line on a quarterback keeper.

Q2: 1:08 - Fifth-year linebacker Derek Wingo was called for a holding penalty on a pass down the right sideline, allowing the Aggies a fresh set of downs at the UF 13-yard line.

NOTE: Florida defensive back Trikweze Bridges has been ejected from the game for targeting on the previous play that was reviewed.

Q2: 1:13 - Marcell Reed completes a short pass to the right side to Noah Thomas for a gain of two yards. The Aggies are facing a 3rd-and-29. Timeout Florida.

Q2: 1:19 - Back-to-back penalties sets up 2nd-and-31 for A&M at the UF 40 yard line.

NOTE: The previous play was reviewed and it was determined that Reed did make it to the line of gain, extending the drive for the Aggies.

Q2: 2:00 - The Gators were unable to come away with a stop on 3rd-and-four as The Aggies are bullying their way down the field against Florida while utilizing the rushing attack in a dominant way. A&M has five carries of five-yards or more on this drive alone.

Q2: 8:38 - Mertz completes a screen pass to Dike on 3rd-and-12 for a gain of one yard as Crenshaw punts it away. Florida fans are booing and it isn't quiet.

Q2: 9:47 - Graham Mertz returns at quarterback for the Gators and finds senior wide receiver Chimere Dike in stride for a pickup of 39 yards to put UF at the Aggies' 36 yard line

SCORE: Q2: 9:47 - Texas A&M extends its lead to 13-0 on a 48-yard attempt by Bond that went through the uprights.

Q2: 9:52 - Florida gets a much-needed stop on 3rd-and-11 but could have came up with a huge interception on a pass thrown over the middle by Reed. Senior cornerback Jason Marshall Jr. had it right in his fingertips, but was unable to secure it for a pick.

Q2: 14:04 - UF goes three-and-out on Lagway's first glimpse of action. He was sacked for a loss of 15 yards setting up Jeremy Crenshaw to send a punt away out of his own endzone.

Q2: 15:00 - The Gators are set to open the second quarter with the ball at their own 25 yard line. Lagway remains in the game to take his first snap at quarterback.

NOTE: It was just announced that Florida's matchup against Texas A&M will resume at approximately 5:17 p.m. ET.

NOTE: There has been lightning detected within eight miles of Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. The game is now in a delay as play has been suspended.

Q1: 0:09 - Freshman running back Jadan Baugh receives the kickoff and takes it to UF's 27-yard line. It appears freshman quarterback DJ Lagway may or may not be about to make his first appearance of the game.

SCORE: Q1 0:18 - Marcell Reed has done a sensational job filling in for Conner Weigman through one quarter. He capped off a nine-play 92-yard drive with a 29-yard touchdown pass to tight end Theo Melin Ohrstrom to give the Aggies a 10-0 lead as Ben Hill Griffin Stadium is silenced. 

Q1: 3:27 - Reed completes a pickup of 22 yards to Amari Daniels on 3rd-and-8 with a simple out route that puts A&M into Florida's end of the field. The Gators have shown an inability to get off the field on third downs thus far, allowing three first downs on four attempts.

Q1: 5:28 - Not much shaking early on for Florida's offense. After starting its drive at their own 40-yard line due to a penalty from the kickoff landing out of bounds, the Gators mustered just one first down and missed a chance to enter into A&M on a dropped pass by wide receiver Marcus Burke on 3rd-and-13.

SCORE: Q1 8:14 - A big opportunity missed by the Aggies to take an early 7-0. Nevertheless, the Aggies settled for a field goal to take a 3-0 lead off the foot of kicker Randy Bond from 31 yards out.

Q1: 8:58 - Texas A&M seemed to have secured a touchdown on the opening drive of the game. However, the score was called off due to a holding penalty on the Aggies. Florida needed to come up a timely stop deep in its own territory, and the Gators did just that.

Q1: 10:50 - Marcell Reed avoids pressure in the pocket and delivers a strike through the heart of the Gators' defense, setting up first down at the at UF's 12 yard line.

Q1: 11:31 - Aggies earn a 10-yard gain on a rush to the right side by Noah Thomas. 1st-and-10 A&M at Florida's 25 yard line.

Q1: 13:51 - Back-to-back penalties put A&M in a tough 2nd and 21 but quarterback Marcel Reed broke free for a 31-yard gain.

Q1: 14:18 - Texas A&M gets flagged for a false start. Brings up second and 11 for the Aggies.

Kickoff: Trey Smack's kick lands into the endzone for a touchback. The Aggies will start the first drive of the game at their own 25 yard line.

NOTE: Florida won the coin toss and chose to kickoff. Texas A&M will receive possession of the ball to open the game.