Saturday, September 21, 2024

Florida vs. Mississippi State: Live Updates

Follow along right here for live updates of today's matchup between Florida and Mississippi State

<p>Florida quarterbacks Graham Mertz and DJ Lagway high five one another before the start of the Gator game against Texas A&amp;M on Saturday, Sept. 14, 2024. </p>

Florida quarterbacks Graham Mertz and DJ Lagway high five one another before the start of the Gator game against Texas A&M on Saturday, Sept. 14, 2024.

End of the Game: Florida 45, Mississippi State 28

Notes: UF's QBs combined for a final stat line of 26-of-28 for 277 yards, three touchdowns, and 46 rushing yards. MSU gashed the Gators on defense for 240 rushing yards for the game. UF averaged 6.3 yards per rush for the game. 

Q4: 0:02- MSU QB Van Buren Jr. rushes up the middle for a one-yard gain and is stopped short of the end zone. 

Q4: 1:06- MSU QB Van Buren Jr. sacked by UF LB Aaron Chiles for a loss of 10 yards. MSU ball on its own 44-yard line.

Q4: 2:05- MSU QB Van Buren Jr. throws a strike to WR Mosley for a gain of six yards and a first down. MSU ball on its own 36-yard line.

Q4 Scoring Play: 2:39- UF K Smack nails the 47-yard field goal. UF 45, MSU 28

Q4: 3:36- UF RB Johnson Jr. rushes the ball up the middle for a 9-yard gain. UF ball on the MSU 36-yard line.

Q4 Scoring Play: 4:29- MSU RB Daniels rushes for a 10-yard touchdown. The extra point from K Ferrie is good. UF 42, MSU 28

Q4: 4:50- MSU QB Van Buren Jr. finds WR Akharaiyi again down the middle of the field for a gain of 11 yards down to the UF 10-yard line.

Q4: 6:45- MSU QB Michael Van Buren Jr. finds WR Kelly Akharaiyi for a gain of 17 yards. MSU ball on the UF 31-yard line.

Q4 Injury Update: 8:17- MSU QB Shapen exits the game with an injury.

Q4 Scoring Play: 8:30- UF QB Lagway scrambles straight ahead and fumbles on his way into the end zone, recovered by UF LT Austin Barber for a touchdown. The extra point from K Smack is good. UF 42, MSU 21

Q4: 11:18- UF RB Jaden Baugh rushes for a 32-yard gain down to the MSU 23-yard line.

Q4 Turnover: 14:17- MSU QB Shapen's pitch misses the target and falls for a fumble scooped up by UF LB Grayson Howard on fourth down. UF takes over possession on its own 7-yard line.

End of the third quarter.

Q3: 2:04- MSU RB Booth rushes right for a gain of 13 yards down to the UF 27-yard line. 

Q3 Scoring Play: 3:36- UF QB Mertz sneaks it in for a 1-yard touchdown. The extra point from K Smack is good. UF 35, MSU 21

Q3: 5:31- UF QB Mertz pass complete to WR Dike for a gain of 28 yards. UF ball on the MSU 17-yard line.

Q3 Scoring Play: 6:42- MSU QB Shapen's pass complete to WR Jordan Mosley for a 13-yard touchdown. The extra point from K Ferrie is good. UF 28, MSU 21

Q3: 7:44- MSU RB Booth rushes up the middle for a gain of three on fourth down to extend the drive. MSU ball on the UF 17-yard line.

Q3: 11:16- MSU RB Booth rushes for a loss of six yards after being tackled in the backfield by UF DE Caleb Banks. MSU ball on the UF 48-yard line.

Q3: 12:44- MSU RB Johnnie Daniels rushes up the middle for a gain of 15 yards out to the MSU 47-yard line.

Q3: 13:57- UF QB Mertz pass complete short to WR Mizell, short of the line to gain on third down. MSU takes over possession on its own 24-yard line after a 43-yard punt from P Crawshaw.

Start of Q3: UF starts with the ball on its own 25-yard line.

Halftime: UF 28, MSU 14

Notes: Florida out-gained Mississippi State 311-216 in the first half. UF QB Mertz went 15-of-16 for 147 yards and three touchdowns. Mertz and Lagway went for a combined 19-of-20 passing for 196 passing yards. MSU had 50 penalty yards in the first half compared to UF's 10.

Q2 Scoring Play: 0:25- MSU QB Shapen keeps the ball and dives into the end zone for a 3-yard touchdown. The extra point from K Kyle Ferrie is good. UF 28, MSU 14

Q2: 1:05- MSU QB Shapen's pass complete deep to WR Craver for a gain of 37 yards. MSU ball on the UF 22-yard line.

Q2 Scoring Play: 1:23- UF RB Ja'Kobi Jackson rushes for a gain of 10 yards and a touchdown. The extra point from K Smack is good. UF 28, MSU 7

Q2: 1:32- UF QB Lagway's pass complete deep down the sideline to WR Elijhah Badger for a gain of 27 yards. UF ball on the MSU 13-yard line.

Q2: 2:19- UF QB Lagway's pass to RB Johnson Jr. is complete for a gain of 12 yards. UF ball on its own 46-yard line.

Q2: 3:01- UF QB DJ Lagway keeps it and rushes for a gain of 13 yards on third down to get the ball out to the UF 23-yard line.

Q2: 4:28- After an offensive holding call, MSU's drive stalls and is forced to punt the ball away. UF takes over possession on its own 9-yard line after a 33-yard punt from P Barr-Mira.

Q2: 6:10- MSU RB Lee runs right for an 18-yard gain down to the UF 26-yard line.

Q2: 7:57- MSU QB Shapen's pass complete short right to WR Coleman Jr. for a gain of 10 yards on third down. MSU ball on its own 42-yard line.

Q2 Scoring Play: 9:06- UF QB Mertz's pass complete deep down the middle to TE Hayden Hansen for a 35-yard touchdown. The extra point from K Smack is good. UF 21, MSU 7

Q2: 9:52- MSU QB Shapen's pass intended for WR Mario Craver falls incomplete after being broken up by UF CB Jason Marshall Jr. UF takes over possession on the MSU 44-yard line after a 35-yard punt return by UF WR Chimere Dike.

Q2 Scoring Play: 11:00- UF QB Mertz pass complete to WR Marcus Burke for a 20-yard touchdown. The extra point by K Smack is good. UF 14, MSU 7

Q2: 11:23- UF QB Mertz pass complete to WR Aidan Mizell for a gain of seven yards. UF ball on the MSU 20-yard line.

Q2: 13:48- MSU QB Shapen's pass intended for WR Kevin Coleman Jr. falls incomplete on third down. UF takes over possession on its own 35-yard line after a 24-yard punt from P Barr-Mira.

Q2 Turnover: 15:00- UF RB Montrell Johnson Jr. rushes up the middle for 12 yards and fumbles the ball after a tackle by MSU S Isaac Smith, recovered by MSU CB Kelley Jones. MSU ball on its own 48-yard line.

End of Q1: UF 7, MSU 7

Q1 Scoring Play: 0:21- MSU RB Davon Booth punches it in for a 5-yard touchdown rush. The extra point from K Kade Kolka is good. Tie game at 7-7.

Q1: 1:58- MSU QB Shapen rolls out to the right and finds TE Traore for a gain of 25 yards down to the UF 11-yard line.

Q1: 2:45- MSU RB Keyvone Lee rushes for a gain of 10 yards on third down. MSU ball on the UF 45-yard line.

Q1 Scoring Play: 3:42- UF QB Mertz pass complete to TE Arlis Boardingham for a 3-yard touchdown. The extra point by K Trey Smack is good. UF leads 7-0.

Q1: 7:03- UF QB Mertz scrambles up the middle for a gain of 16-yards. UF ball on the MSU 38-yard line.

Q1: 10:01- MSU QB Shapen's pass falls incomplete on 3rd and 4. UF takes over possession on its own 16-yard line after a 42-yard punt by P Nick Barr-Mira.

Q1: 12:20- UF QB Graham Mertz pass complete to TE Tony Livingston for a gain of zero after a tackle by MSU LB Brylan Lanier on third down. UF is forced to punt. MSU takes over possession on their own 24-yard line after a 41-yard punt by P Jeremy Crawshaw.

Q1: 14:04-MSU QB Blake Shapen pass complete to TE Seydou Traore for a gain of 3 yards. The tackle made by UF LB Shemar James short of the line to gain. MSU is forced to punt the ball away.

Kickoff: Florida won the toss and has deferred to the second half. Mississippi State will receive the opening kickoff.

The Florida Gators football team will take on the Mississippi State Bulldogs at noon ET. Follow along here for live updates.