Monday, September 23, 2024

Florida men’s basketball announces staff promotions ahead of 2024 season

Three staffers will take on new roles for the Gators this season

<p>Florida head coach Todd Golden watches his team in practice at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee Wednesday, March 8, 2023. </p>

Florida head coach Todd Golden watches his team in practice at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee Wednesday, March 8, 2023.

Florida Gators men’s basketball head coach Todd Golden announced three staff promotions ahead of the 2024 season Monday afternoon. 

Jordan Jacobson was named as director of basketball operations, Nolan Crist was named video coordinator and Jon Michelini assumed the position of Florida's head athletic trainer.

Jacobson enters his fourth season with the Gators, previously serving as a video coordinator from 2023-24 and a graduate assistant the two years prior. He will take over for Mike Robuck, who formerly held the position of director of basketball operations for two seasons and was with the program for 17 years.

Crist enters his fourth season with UF, having previously served as the head manager and top video assistant during the 2023-24 season. He joined the program as a scouting/video assistant in 2021.

Michelini enters his 12th season with the Gators after previously serving part of his tenure with the Florida baseball and women’s basketball teams. He takes over as the team’s head athletic trainer following Dave Werner’s move into a University Athletic Association administrative position.

Florida will tip off its season against the South Florida Bulls in the Jacksonville Sports Foundation Invitational Nov. 4 at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena.

Contact Luke Adragna at ladragna@alligator.org. Follow him on Twitter @lukeadrag.

Luke Adragna

Luke Adragna is a third-year journalism student and the Florida Gators football reporter at The Alligator. He is a cat ethusiast and completes the NYT Daily Mini in less than a minute each day.