Friday, October 18, 2024
<p><span id="docs-internal-guid-cad5801e-7fff-d8a8-c3a8-5605b723a485"><span>Bryan Tolbert Crawford</span></span></p>

Bryan Tolbert Crawford

A man first spotted peeping into windows two weeks ago returned to look for a naked woman again, according to Gainesville Police Department.

Gainesville police arrested Bryan Tolbert Crawford, 56, of Chiefland, Florida on Wednesday. Police first received a call from a witness about a man driving a white GMC pickup truck and looking into residents’ windows on Southwest 3rd Avenue around 6:15 a.m. Monday, the report said.

The man first arrived early in the morning two weeks before and had been lurking in the area ever since, the witness said in the report. When the sun came up, the man was gone.

Police went to the parking lot Wednesday morning and met with the witness, who pointed out a parked white pickup truck, the report said.

An officer and K-9 found Crawford in the neighborhood, the report said. Crawford is accused of running away when police told him to stop.

Crawford was arrested on Southwest 4th Avenue. A second witness identified him as the lurker, the report said.

While in custody, Crawford admitted to looking through a window two weeks ago and said he watched a naked woman for about 10 minutes in secret, the report said. Crawford saw the living room lights on at the same residence Wednesday morning, but said the woman wasn’t there, according to the report.

He also told police he tried to leave the area Wednesday morning when he saw police cars and K-9s, the report said.

Crawford was charged with loitering and prowling and resisting an officer without violence. He was released from Alachua County Jail at Wednesday evening. His first appearance in county court hasn’t been scheduled yet, according to court records.

Contact Amanda Rosa at arosa@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter at @AmandaNicRosa

Bryan Tolbert Crawford