Saturday, October 19, 2024
<p>Storino</p>

Storino

A Miami man was arrested Friday afternoon after he robbed a man at the Reitz Union Bookstore and stole items from the store, University Police said.

Santino Humberto Storino, 27, was caught on surveillance video stealing a customer’s bag at about 3:36 p.m. The footage also showed Storino taking a shirt and a pair of boxers from the bookstore, putting them inside the stolen bag and leaving the store, according to an arrest report.

The customer told officers his bag, which was clear and plastic and had two tickets to the UF football game and a T-shirt, was taken while he was trying on clothes.

An officer found Storino near Midtown and recognized him from a photo that was distributed to patrolling police. Storino admitted to taking the bag and the clothing from the bookstore, which he was wearing while talking to officers, according to the report.

Storino was previously banned from UF’s campus in November 2015 and being at the bookstore violated his trespass warning, according to the report.

Storino was arrested on charges of trespassing and petty theft. He was taken to the Alachua County Jail where he remains, as of press time, in lieu of a $12,500 bond.

@catie_wegman

mwegman@alligator.org

Storino