Saturday, October 19, 2024
<p>Munroe</p>

Munroe

A Gainesville man was arrested Monday afternoon after he groped one woman at Publix and attacked another woman in a Starbucks bathroom, Gainesville Police said.

Robert Paul Munroe, 32, entered a Publix, located at 545 NW Eighth Ave., at about 2:34 p.m. on Sunday. Munroe approached a woman from behind, grabbed her buttocks and tried to lift up her shirt, according to an arrest report.

After the woman ran away from Munroe he left the store. The incident was caught on video surveillance, according to the report.

On Monday at about 2:04 p.m., Munroe was in the women’s bathroom of a Starbucks, located at 1520 NW 13th St. A woman told police that when she opened the door to her stall, Munroe grabbed her and held her close to his body, according to the report.

The woman was able to break free from Munroe’s hold, and she screamed for help. A witness told police that Munroe attempted to walk out of the bathroom as if nothing happened, but he was detained by other customers until police arrived, according to the report.

Police said Munroe seemed unremorseful and did not deny anything previously stated by the victim in an interview after his arrest.

Munroe was charged with false imprisonment and battery. As of press time he remains in Alachua County Jail in lieu of a $200,000 bond.

@catie_wegman

mwegman@alligator.org

Munroe