Saturday, October 19, 2024

Aerial performers to serve drinks during aerial bartending show

Flying through the air and serving drinks is only part of Corey Souza’s job.

Souza is an aerial performer and owner of S-Connection Aerial Arts, and she recently started working with Market Street Pub & Cabaret to host an aerial bartending show. 

Electro Aerial is coming to 112 SW First Ave. from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m Feb. 26, when artists will swing over guests’ heads and serve them drinks.

Individual performances usually last up to five minutes during aerial shows, Souza said, but each performer will entertain guests for 15 minutes during Electro Aerial.

Since the show began last year, there have been three performances. Souza said she and her students will perform the show six times — once every other month — in 2016.

“Aerial arts is a way to show a sense of limitlessness that you don’t normally get to see,” she said. “These artists are showing you something that seems impossible.”

The cover charge will be $5, and Souza recommended bringing a tip for the performers.

Luke Lemos, a UF electrical engineering sophomore, said he is turning 21 this year and is looking forward to the show.

“It’s so unique,” he said. “I can’t say I’ve ever done this before. I’ll definitely be going, but I’ll have to be careful. It sounds like an easy way to go broke.”