Friday, September 20, 2024
<p class="p1">UF President Bernie Machen addresses a crowd about UF’s preeminence initiative at his annual State of the University address. This was his last address after a decade-long tenure as president before the university finds a replacement.</p>

UF President Bernie Machen addresses a crowd about UF’s preeminence initiative at his annual State of the University address. This was his last address after a decade-long tenure as president before the university finds a replacement.

The UF Presidential Search Committee’s Subcommittee held a meeting Tuesday to revise the campus brochure for potential presidential candidates.  

“This is a document that is a virtual walk-through campus,” said David Norton, a member of UF’s Presidential Search Committee’s Subcommittee. 

Additions to the brochure will include the renovations of the Reitz Union building and UF’s goal to be a top 10 public school university, he said. 

The subcommittee’s tasks include hosting the potential presidential candidates during the campus visit and interview process. 

The committee plans to have the brochure completed by the end of September. The search for the next UF president kicked off last Spring, UF spokeswoman Janine Sikes said,  and there is much more of the search process that needs to continue. 

“There are a lot of intricate pieces that we have to be put together,”  Sikes said. 

The presidential search committee will convene again for a meeting Thursday at UF’s Austin Cary Forest Learning Center at 10625 NE Waldo Road.

[A version of this story ran on page 6 on 9/3/2014 under the headline "Prez search committee to update brochures"]