Friday, September 20, 2024

Letters to the Editor: #BetterUF platform generation ends today

Dear UF students,

This campaign season, Swamp Party is driving platform generation in a more all-encompassing, student-focused direction. Yesterday, Swamp Party candidates were on Turlington Plaza and in the Reitz Union area with white boards, markers and a new twist: #BetterUF. Students had the opportunity to fill in what they would like to see Student Government change on the UF campus. The first day of this new approach was very successful. We encourage students to stop by Turlington Plaza and the Reitz today from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. for the last opportunity to write about how they would like to #BetterUF.

For example, a student might write: “I want to see increased nighttime safety in order to #BetterUF.” SG has responded to this issue by bringing the new transportation system Uber to campus in order to ensure students have a safe and reliable way of getting home. 

#BetterUF will allow the Swamp Party to reach out to every student demographic and see what he or she wants us to do.

Students are also encouraged to tweet @UFSwamp and share their ideas for the Swamp Party if they are unable to stop by one of our stations. 

We would love to see as many students out there with ideas — no matter how big or small.

Go Gators!

Katie Backstrand 

UF Swamp Party spokeswoman

[A version of this story ran on page 7 on 9/16/2014 under the headline "#BetterUF platform generation ends today"]