Saturday, October 19, 2024

A Gainesville man was arrested Tuesday following a heated argument between neighbors.

Javontea Antonio Black, 18, was charged with aggravated assault and throwing a deadly missile after police say he yelled at and threatened to kill his neighbor and her friend, located at 6025 NW 23rd Terrace.

As the argument escalated, Black walked across the street and picked up a flower pot in front of one of the victim’s houses, throwing it at them. The victims went inside and shut the door as the pot shattered next to them, according to the Gainesville Police arrest report.

After entering a different apartment, Black picked up a metal pipe and returned to the victims, saying “I’ll kill you, b****.” 

After throwing the metal pipe at the victim’s house, he fled the scene. 

GPD found Black several blocks away and arrested him.

While on the way to jail, Black kicked the patrol car’s windows. He was put into a RIPP restraint, which belts the hands and feet, but managed to get out of it. After beating his head against the window, Black told the arresting officer he was going to shoot her the next time he sees her.

[A version of this story ran on page 3 on 8/28/2014 under the headline "Man arrested after hurling flower pot"]