Saturday, September 21, 2024

Art, Craft & Lifestyle show replaces usual vendors in the Oaks Mall

<p>Beverly Watson makes flowers for one of her many headbands in her collection on display at The Oaks Mall Art, Craft &amp; Lifestyle show during the weekend.</p>

Beverly Watson makes flowers for one of her many headbands in her collection on display at The Oaks Mall Art, Craft & Lifestyle show during the weekend.

The Oaks Mall was home to the Art, Craft & Lifestyle Show from May 30 to June 2. The show featured everything from handmade crafts to manufactured goods.

For unique options when gift buying, collecting or gathering ideas, a craft show is always a great experience. With about a dozen vendors displaying their crafts, this show was no exception.

“The best part about making these hair pieces is picking out the colors and seeing the kids’ faces when they look in the mirror,” said Beverly Watson, 64, a retired elementary school music teacher.

Along with her husband, Bill, a 65-year-old retired construction worker, Beverly began making handmade crafts 24 years ago. Beverly started her business by making dolls during Christmas time, including Santas and snowmen. It was not until her granddaughter Lia Watson, 5, was born that she began making hair accessories — the same ones she was selling this weekend. Watson’s hair accessories include a wide variety of different headbands and hair ties featuring bright colors and bows.

Not everything featured in the small weekend show is handmade, though.

Linda Quinn, 65, owner of Silver Sun, began selling jewelry from the manufacturer Capri Williams starting 30 years ago. Linda stumbled upon The Oaks Mall last Christmas by accident. She was lost and ended up at the mall, where she rented a booth and sold her jewelry. All of Quinn’s jewelry is nickel-free. We never sell at retail prices, only wholesale, Quinn said.

The Oaks Mall Art, Craft & Lifestyle Show had something for almost everyone. In addition to hair accessories and jewelry, Tupperware, jellyfish lamps, paint-it-yourself pottery and scarves were available for purchase this weekend.

Don’t miss out on the next one.