Sunday, September 22, 2024
<p>Rawlings Plaza opened Sunday and features a Provisions on Demand Market and a Subway. The market has sushi, milkshakes, fountain sodas and snacks.</p>

Rawlings Plaza opened Sunday and features a Provisions on Demand Market and a Subway. The market has sushi, milkshakes, fountain sodas and snacks.

For lunch Wednesday, Martin Gordillo chowed down on a Subway sub at the Rawlings bus stop for the second time since the Rawlings Plaza opened Sunday.

The 24-year-old UF sociology junior learned about the market when he got off the bus this week.

“I just thought the building was under construction until I saw the sign for Subway,” he said. “I was like, ‘What? Oh, hell yeah.’”

The Rawlings Plaza features a Provisions on Demand Market and a Subway.

The market has sushi, milkshakes, fountain sodas and snacks.

“It serves an area of campus with high foot traffic for students who utilize the bus service on campus,” Marketing Program Manager for Gator Dining Services Jill Rodriguez wrote in an email.

The hours of operation are:

Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to midnight, Friday from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to midnight.

Gator Dining has promoted the new location through several advertising methods, Rodriguez said, including a listserv to inform thousands of faculty members and students, digital advertising screens, social media, signs in front of the facility and interior RTS bus cards.

Evan Broggi, a 23-year-old UF biochemistry junior, said the market needs tables and chairs outside the Rawlings bus stop right before he bit into his flatbread sub.

“They’re going to make a fortune off of me,” he said.