Monday, September 23, 2024

With the Florida Gators’ win against the Missouri Tigers on Saturday, football fans on both sides behaved better than usual.

University Police ejected 18 people — eight of whom were UF students — during Saturday’s matchup at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, according to a UPD news release.

Police kicked out and issued civil citations to six people for alcohol possession.

UPD officers booted six additional people for standing on seats, two others for smoking and the rest for either switching tickets, public intoxication, disorderly conduct or using a fake student ID.

University Police did not make any arrests during the game, giving fans a clean arrest record for the second time this season.

The last time police left the stadium without any arrests was during the UF vs. University of Kentucky football game Sept. 22. During that game, officers ejected 32 people, nine of whom were UF students, according to an archived UPD news release.

The season opener against Bowling Green State University Sept. 1 was another low-arrest game, which led to officers putting two people — both UF students — in handcuffs.

The next home game will be against the University of Louisiana at Lafayette on Saturday.

Contact Chris Alcantara at calcantara@alligator.org.