Thursday, September 26, 2024

Ford Motor Co. and Zipcar have reached an agreement to bring Ford-model Zipcars to campus.

This alliance between Zipcar and Ford will introduce college students to the new Ford Focus and Ford Escape models and allow students to witness firsthand their high-fuel efficiency.

The Ford-model cars are not only fuel efficient but high-tech as well, which is another factor believed to draw college students to the new models.

According to a press release sent Wednesday by Matt Cameron, member services associate for universities at Zipcar, the company will feature Ford models on more than 250 college campuses.

Zipcar members will be able to rent the new Ford-model cars on an hourly or daily basis without the added cost of gas and car insurance because these features will be included in the rental cost.

Students, faculty and staff can buy a Zipcar membership for $25 and receive $35 worth of driving time.

Gainesville residents not affiliated with UF may also register with Zipcar and have access to the new Ford models.

More information can be found on the Zipcar website, zipcar.com/ufl.