Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Founded in Spring 2009, the Unite Party has always focused on bettering student life, increasing student safety, enhancing academics, increasing transparency and working toward sustainability. Since our inception, we have generated five platforms, created by the students, to further improve everyday life, both on and off campus. Each of our platforms has been completed by our candidates within their term of being elected to office, and we look to continue this tradition of working to enhance student life at the University of Florida.

With our experience and communication, the Unite Party has stopped the implementation of block tuition indefinitely.

The Unite Party also brought Redbox to the steps of the Reitz Union, implemented a tax-free day at the Reitz Union bookstore for textbook purchases, successfully negotiated Microsoft Office at a special UF student price of $15 for life, extended SNAP hours, created late night study at the Reitz Union, brought Gotcha! rides to campus, substantially decreased room rental rates for student organizations at the Reitz Union and was instrumental in the recent expansion of Southwest Recreation Center.

We have increased funding for all student organizations, multicultural and diversity affairs, mental health awareness and graduate and international student affairs.

This fall, the Unite Party is focused on going back to the basics. Students across campus spoke to us during our platform generation and we listened. Students are most concerned with the lack of a 24-hour study center on campus, and we pledge to have this implemented within our term in office.

Along with this, the Unite Party plans on increasing the amount of SNAP vehicles, increasing water bottle refill fountains, increasing bicycle signs and safety around campus, building awnings at campus bus stops and creating international campus directories for graduate students in different languages.

Our accomplishments are only possible with hardworking, talented and driven people.

Our full Fall 2011 Unite Party candidate slate is experienced, qualified and diverse. They want to make a difference on this campus. These candidates have been out campaigning for more than a week and a half and will continue to show their dedication to the students if elected. The Unite Party candidates have the best ability to represent their districts and residence halls and provide tangible results.

The Unite Party was founded to take Student Government into a positive new direction. These candidates will surely exceed that goal and better student life both on and off campus.

With the Unite Party's background of experience, communication and tangible results, the Fall 2011 Unite Party candidates will continue to enhance the student experience at the University of Florida.

They will be dedicated to serving you, the student, during your time at UF.

Vote for experience, communication and tangible results. Vote to continue a positive direction.

Vote to unite this campus as one on Sept. 27 and 28. Go Unite, and Go Gators!