Friday, September 27, 2024

Price increases, a new coach and survey requirements have not deterred students from registering for the football ticket lottery en masse.

The number of students registering for tickets this year is on par with past years, said Doug Sutherland, the University Athletic Association's student ticket supervisor.

The number of students that enter the raffle each year changes depending on the team's schedule but is usually between 24,000 and 27,000, he said.

This year, ticket prices were raised across the board, and student season tickets were increased from $70 to $105. Sutherland said while students were not happy about this change, it has not stopped them from entering the lottery so far.

Mario Browne, a 21-year-old engineering senior, said this will be his fourth year entering the lottery, and the price change did not affect his motivation to attend the games.

"Gator football will always be worth it," Browne said. "Regardless of how the team does, it's all about having school spirit and being there every Saturday."

Undergraduate students are required to take the SERU survey before they can be eligible for tickets: a measure taken to ensure a high response rate for the survey.

Students have until 5 p.m. Friday to log on to Ticketmaster for registration. After that, they're out of luck.