Friday, September 27, 2024

If you’re going to see comedian Daniel Tosh in the O’Connell Center on Wednesday, bring your Gator 1 ID.

Although the show was originally to be open to 8,000 people, Student Government Productions and Accent announced last week that only 4,900 UF students and members of the faculty will be permitted to attend.

Tosh, who is used to performing for crowds of about 2,000, said he is uncomfortable performing in front of that many people, said Student Government Productions Chairman Kyle Calhoun.

He said because Tosh wanted the atmosphere to be smaller, Calhoun decided to limit the show to UF students only.

This is the first time the organization has had to place a limit on a crowd.

“This sucks,” Calhoun said.

The free tickets will be distributed on a first-come-first-served basis beginning at 7 p.m. The show will begin at 8 p.m.

Calhoun said Tosh is one of the most-demanded and successful college acts. He has performed at more than 700 campuses across the nation.

The comic is most famous for making fun of popular YouTube videos on his Comedy Central show, “Tosh.0.” He has also made appearances on “The Late Show with David Letterman,” “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” and “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.”

Tosh will get $66,000 for his performance.