Friday, September 27, 2024

We would like to express our condolences to the people of Japan.

Friday’s earthquake and subsequent tsunami have caused an incredible loss of life and extensive damage to many communities in Japan.

We represent diverse communities on our campus and stand in solidarity with the victims’ families. We extend our condolences to all those who have lost a loved one and pray for all those who are still waiting to learn about the status of their friends and families.

We extend our support to outreach efforts and aid organizations seeking to minimize the damage and to help reunite loved ones in Japan.

As student leaders, we call on The Gator Nation to stand together to support our Japanese brothers and sisters the same way we came together for the people of Haiti, who are still recovering from their disaster. Please consider making a donation to The American Red Cross via their website.

Together, we can show the rest of the community and world that we are united in both the best and hardest of times. We thank you for your support.

Michael Satyapor, Asian American Student Association President; Chelsea Cohen, Jewish Student Union President; Walter Idlette, Black Student Union President; Juan Rodriguez, Hispanic Student Association President; Donnie Fields, Pride Student Union President