Saturday, September 28, 2024

Planet Smoothie is doing its part to save the ta-tas this year.

The franchise created Pink Promise smoothies, which are made from pomegranate juice, ruby red grapefruit juice, strawberries, yogurt and antioxidants, as part of its partnership with Susan G. Komen For the Cure, according to Ray Logan, owner of the two Planet Smoothie shops in Gainesville.

Every time a Pink Promise smoothie is bought, 50 cents will be donated to the Cure, said Melissa Warren, spokeswoman for the smoothie company. Along with the 50 cents, there will be a minimum guarantee of $100,000 donated from all stores nationwide for the first year of the partnership, Warren said.

Since the campaign kicked off June 1, Logan’s two locations have sold six to 10 orders of the smoothie every day, Logan said.

To promote the campaign, Planet Smoothie has been using a text messaging program that sends coupons and discounts to customers’ phones, Logan said.

If the year-long program is successful, then the two organizations could form a longer-lasting relationship, he said.