Monday, September 30, 2024

Students will be encouraged to take a walk on the Gator side at an F Book-inspired retreat on Friday.

For the fourth semester in a row, the Student Alumni Association will be hosting its Tradition Keepers Retreat.

The retreat follows activities found in the F Book, known as the "freshman survival guide," and begins at Emerson Alumni Hall at 2 p.m. From there, students will be led to different parts of campus to complete various traditions, said Kaitie Burgess, co-chair of the Tradition Keepers Committee.

An anticipated 130 students will be visiting UF landmarks in teams led by Florida Cicerones members, said Laura McKeeman, co-chair for the Tradition Keepers. Their tour includes Century Tower, Turlington Plaza and the University Auditorium.

The retreat wraps up in the west part of campus for students to "break a sweat in the Southwest Rec" and then cool off with an ice cream social held at the Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, McKeeman said.

Students will be completing 10 of the 54 traditions found in the book, and at each location, their pictures will be taken to store in their own F Books, which are free for incoming freshmen.