Saturday, September 07, 2024

Student starts new club for theme park enthusiasts

Sunny Ferrero has a passion for theme parks and knows there are other UF students who share her interest.

Ferrero, an inter-disciplinary biomedical sciences graduate student, said paying for transportation and finding people to share the experience has been her only setback.

As president of Amusement Park Partners, a new campus organization, she is determined to find other students who love to go to theme parks.

Amusement Park Partners will be holding its first meeting Thursday at 5:30 p.m. in the common room of the Diamond Village housing complex.

Ferrero's goal is to plan group trips and carpool, which will help alleviate the high transportation costs.

The only requirement to join is an annual pass to a theme park or the desire to get one.

The group plans to make its first trip this weekend. Ferrero believes the Memorial Day weekend crowds will not deter theme park enthusiasts from sticking with the club.

"No other form of recreation can do what an amusement park visit can do," she said. "Going to theme parks resets my week so I can work more efficiently."