With Spring Break five weeks away, it’s time to hit the gym if you want that perfect bathing-suit body.

We have tips from UF strength and conditioning coach Allison Bradshaw and Derek Rakestraw, graduate assistant for strength and conditioning for UF’s Department of Recreational Sports, on the best ways to get in shape for this year’s break. Below the video are additional tips on how to perform the workouts.

Pull-ups:

Works: Biceps, forearms, upper back and lats.

How to do it: Grab a pull-up bar with your palms facing away from you. Slowly lower yourself so that your arms are straight and your back is flat.  Using your arms, shoulders and back, pull yourself up so that your chin crosses the bar and squeeze your shoulder blades together. Lower yourself back to the dead-hang position. That’s one rep.

Squat:

Works: Quads, hamstrings, glutes, calves, upper back, abs and obliques.

How to do it: Place the barbell on the top of your back and below the neck. With the feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart, keep your back flat and sit down lowering yourself so that your thighs become parallel with the floor, keeping your weight on your heels. Extend your legs to stand back up. That’s one rep.

Deadlift:

Works: the lower body and back, hamstrings and glutes.

How to do it: With a barbell on the ground, place your feet underneath the bar with shins touching the bar. Grip the bar with your palms facing the floor, sit down so your thighs are parallel with the ground and using your hips, stand up. That’s one rep.

Lunges:

Works: Glutes, hamstrings, obliques, core and lower back.

How to do it: Step forward with your right leg and lower your body down so that your thigh and shin form a 90-degree angle and the knee doesn’t go past the toes. Your left knee should touch the ground. Alternate legs. That’s one rep.

Tips for Guys:

Focus on a muscle-building workout that is high intensity with heavy weight and a low amount of repetitions.

Tips for Girls:

To get toned and slim, concentrate on endurance training with moderate strength training.