<p>Corsbie</p>

Corsbie

Alachua County Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to an anonymous tip Tuesday evening of shots fired out the front door of a residence at The Palms of Archer community.

The caller told dispatch they saw a white male open the door of a residence, 7117 SW Archer Rd., and fire approximately two shots out the front door. The caller believed it was a handgun but was unsure, according to the police report.

The man reportedly left in a silver Volvo and headed toward Southwest Archer Road. He was stopped shortly after by a deputy and identified as 48-year-old Matthew Emerson Corsbie. A criminal history check revealed Corsbie is a convicted felon in Florida for battery or assault on a law enforcement officer. He was arrested at the scene for driving with a suspended or revoked license, according to the report.

Deputies performed a protective sweep of Corsbie’s residence to ensure no injured people remained inside. While no people were found, deputies found two rifles, what was believed to be a flare gun and three shotgun shells, two of which had been expended.

Corsbie was charged with possession of a weapon by a convicted felon, a second-degree felony. He was released Wednesday afternoon on his own recognizance.

Corsbie