pi day
pi day

In celebration of National Pi Day, pizza restaurants are prepping deals throughout Gainesville.

Restaurant: Blaze Pizza

Deal: Any pizza $3.14

Location: 3617 SW Archer Road

From open to close, Blaze will sell any pizza for $3.14.

Sherry Bayless, general manager of the Gainesville location, said Blaze Pizza employees made about 2,000 pies during last year’s National Pi Day.

“Our goal on that day is to bring the Gainesville community together, it’s not about the money,” Bayless said. “This year we’re hoping to make at least 2,300 pies.”

Bayless said she needs to prepare the restaurant for Pi Day because the weather is predicted to be around 30 degrees and rainy.

“So I’ve had to add to my to-do list,” Bayless said. “I have to make sure I am getting propane for our heaters, and extra umbrellas to put out.”

Restaurant: Domino’s Pizza

Deal: Carry out medium one-topping pizza for $3.99

Location: Any in Gainesville

If Blaze is not your style, there’s always Domino’s Pizza. Domino’s promotion is a medium one-topping pizza for $3.99, carry out only.

Even though Blaze Pizza is 85 cents cheaper than Domino’s, some students are taking distance and convenience into consideration.

“Even though I don’t think Domino’s would be better than Blaze Pizza, I would still go with Domino’s because it’s more convenient to get delivery and avoid a very long line,” said Traci Post, a UF accounting junior.

Restaurant: Boston Market

Deal: Free chicken

Not feeling pizza but still want a deal on food? Boston Market is giving guests who bring in a Pi Day coupon from the Boston Market website, a free rotisserie chicken pot pie with the purchase of any individual meal and drink.

Restaurant: Pomodoro Café 

Deal: $3.14 pizza

Pomodoro Café is selling 10" cheese and pepperoni pizzas for $3.14. The deal is valid for carry out only, with a limit of 3 per customer. The offer is valid all day today.