Man arrested for slapping butt at apartment pool

Police said a UF student was arrested Monday evening for slapping a sunbathing woman on the butt at the University Commons pool.

Jason Zeid, 27, approached a female who was lying out by the pool at the apartment complex Sunday around 3 p.m.

After making small talk, Zeid left but returned a few minutes later, at which point she asked him to leave again, according to a Gainesville Police Department report.

He returned a third time and slapped her on the butt, according to the report.

Zeid, a UF landscape architecture senior, was arrested with simple battery.

He is being held at the Alachua County Jail on $2,500 bond.

The University Police Department served Zeid with a trespass warning on Friday.

Zeid disrupted classes around 1:30 p.m. in the Constans Theatre, according to the report. A professor already asked him to leave the building the previous day.

Zeid said he was in the building to "watch the beautiful movements of the dancers and try to find inspiration for [his] next architecture project."

Zeid told police that he is currently a UF student but is in the process of withdrawing from classes this semester, according to the report.

Zeid also got in trouble for loitering outside the Delta Gamma Sorority house on Friday, according to the report.

He tried to talk to several members of the sorority and began to sing to them.

The girls asked him to leave, which he did after they called UPD.

Police stopped him around 6:30 p.m. on 13th Street across from Sorority Row.

The trespass warning bans him from the Contans Theatre and its exterior and all of Sorority Row.