With final exams looming like a dark cloud on a sunny day, students can seek refuge in the library a little longer than usual.

Starting Sunday, Library West and Marston Science Library will stay open until 4 a.m.

The library started its extended hours two years ago when the Student Body president asked library administrators to keep the library open later to give students more time to cram for exams, library spokeswoman Barbara Hood said.

Hood said 4 a.m. has worked well for students and employees in years past. She said most students tend to leave around 3 a.m. but a few stick around until close.

In Spring of 2008, 79,690 people took advantage of Library West’s extended hours and 53,427 used Marston during extended hours, Hood said.

Study rooms will also be available, and librarians will extend their live chat, which allows students to ask them questions.

Students who may need an extra jolt of caffeine along the way can stop by Starbucks in Library West, which will remain open for the extended hours.

The Starbucks in the Hub will be open from 7:30 a.m. to 3 a.m.

The libraries will begin intersession hours Dec. 17 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.

The libraries will all be closed Dec. 25 to Jan. 3.

Hours for all the campus libraries can be found at uflib.ufl.edu/ps/hours.